Here is why coffee isn’t all its cracked up to be!
- It interferes with hormones and makes you feel edgy, and if you are edgy, you emotional eat.
- Causes blood sugar fluctuations leading to cravings
- Coffee stimulates the adrenal glands, which release sugar into blood as part of the fight or flight response, which triggers insulin to be released into the blood, which makes blood sugar drop, which makes you crave more sugar, which makes you eat, even though you aren’t hungry. It’s an endless loop you just can’t escape! Keep coffee to 1-2 cups per day, preferably less!
- Coffee has many toxins and pesticides unless you buy organic.
- Coffee interferes with sleep
- Coffee raises blood pressure
- Coffee increases urinary secretion of magensium, potassium and Vitamin B1, so you lose precious vitamins and minerals